Tonight's count: number of times returned to bed = zero!
We read two books and rocked a bit while she turned and adjusted and moved around, etc., and finally I said time to go to bed. We talked through the list - no more potty runs, no water, I love you, go to bed and stay in bed. She laid down and shifted around, but didn't get out of bed or fuss at all! I was sort of celebrating/composing this posting in my head but was also aware of the danger of counting any chickens pre-hatch, but it held. She went to bed at 8:00 and was asleep by 8:20. She still gets upset if I leave her room, but that can be eased out later. Tonight I sat on the chair, looking at the floor until she fell asleep.
Here are some pics I should have been posting. Still haven't worked on videos, although I have been recording most days. This one was taken by the O'Daniels on our last night in the Moscow apartment. Amanda is holding some of the souvenir nesting dolls I'd purchased.
This is my sophisticated girl in the airport in New York, with her crossed legs and elegant Delta luggage tag earrings! (she got a lot of attention with those earrings as we went through the airport!) (I guess she has one on as a bracelet, too)
Visit from Dedushka and Babushka. Forgot to take pictures of the other family visits - sorry!
One of her first chair configurations. Had her crayons on her low stool while she was on the chair, so she was leaning down and practically falling off to get the crayons. Whatever! The pajamas are from Goodwill. Great buy at 99 cents, but with the shiny colors, the snug fit across her bottom and upper legs, and flared pant legs, she looks like such a hippie child! It just cracks me up when these pajamas come up in the rotation.
They dilated her eyes during the eye doctor visit, and sent her home with these shades, which she enjoyed the rest of that day, and every so often since then.
First true dress-up at home (although we quickly put a jacket over it and pants under it as the house isn't quite warm enough for this type of outfit, this time of year!)
Much cuter pajamas and dress-up jewelry and shoes (all gifts - thanks friends!)

3 comments:
Hey Kathy! Just got your announcement and have been reading your blog--how very exciting and wonderful for you and Amanda! She is beautiful and even looks a bit like her Mom!! Hang in there with the behavior, etc. You are doing a better job than many! We are so thrilled for you--you will be an awesome mother! Best wishes--I'll check the blog again soon to keep up! Love, Sharon
Hello to the Fashion Beauty Princess and her mom, the Queen!
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm so excited for the bedtime action and hope it continues to be good news although I'm sure you're prepared for a setback now and again. God bless you with patience and more wisdom every day!
Talking with Aunt Cindy today and learned I am now Aunt No since 'Nette sounds so much like Nyet which is No in Russian. Uncle Don warned me this might happen but I've been Aunt 'Nette too long to change. Plus I'm actually attached to it and like it a lot.
Loads of love to you both,
Auntie No :)
Cute, cute, and more cute! Just like her mom! Thanks for sharing more pics.
Post a Comment