Monday, October 20, 2008

Ah yes, I remember it well

I'm reminded by Chris & Carie's blog that it's been a year since we first met our children! Last September, I received two referral pictures and just some basic measurements (birth/current weight, height, head circumference). Here is one of her referral pictures:
Patty & I left Oct 16th and spent two days traveling, then visiting the "baby home" in Prokopyevsk, Russia (Kemerovo region) on Oct 18-19. We were able to spend a little more than an hour with the children each day. Then back to the US to wait for a court date (which I received just after the new year). Here are some pictures of Amanda now, trying on a Halloween costume (I bought a bunch last year on sale after Halloween, and they fit her this year - woo-hoo!). Here she is as a woodland fairy.
And this is what she would look like with stringy, plastic black hair:

4 comments:

Patty said...

What a difference a year makes! She looks more mature and taller! We enjoyed seeing you guys this past weekend (10-18-08). Hope you had fun at the party!
Love,
Auntie Patty

Unknown said...

TLC and a fantastic home can truly work miracles in a child. Amanda is truly blessed to have received both from you.
Love,
Aunt Barb

Maeflower said...

Patty and Barb have both said it all. Amanda is certainly a fully Americanized-and blessed-little one. God bless you both always. You're in my prayers. BTW we won't always lose to Mizzou!! :-)
Love,
Babushka

Lynnette said...

Dear Kathy,

Last week we attended a citizenship ceremony for Riza. She became a United States citizen and I was so excited for her. It made me think of the wonderful blessing to have Amanda in our family. I pray for you both and thank God for this wonderful free country.

Love, Lynnette