Monday, May 19, 2008

Little Miss Sassy

Wow, she has her spunk, and some extra, and is not using it wisely! One of my triggers is when a child tells me to do something, and she had an attitude of ordering me around today. I picked her up from daycare and she said, "Mom, music please!" which would have been fine except for her bossy voice, and then she followed it up with an irritated, chiding, "you need to have my music playing" or something like that. I think she was probably overly excited from being back at daycare, but I was not impressed. She kept it up sporadically throughout the night, and landed in the naughty chair once (oh, that was for pulling Spook's tail). Anyway, her attitude is getting a little too big for her britches (or she's just being her personality and I need to lighten up...we'll see).

Don't you just hate to see little kids order adults around, though? I do NOT want to let her go too far down that road.

She was so excited to go back to school. She just squealed this morning, when I asked her if she was excited about it. "Kalia! And Lily!" Miss Amanda said she had a great day and was right back in the swing of things, and everyone was happy to see her.

Something she no doubt learned from other daycare kids is how boys pee, and she has been demonstrating the pose for me a couple of times (complete with sound effects). Ok! I got it! Now, can you sit down and pee like a little girl, please? Good grief. =) (I assume she learned it from other kids talking about it and faking it, but the thought just occurred to me - she could have learned it from seeing it? Peeking in the boys' room or something? Oh my.)

I mowed the lawn tonight and she spent most of her time sweeping up the "helicopter" maple tree seeds, as hundreds of them coat the driveway and front steps, and hundreds more await their release from the tree. She is a good little helper, and was excited to see the hand broom and dustpan and set about doing her task industriously. And I don't think I've mentioned this, but she has watched me change the toilet paper roll, and tried it herself after I showed her how it worked, and then one day I heard noises of plastic and found she had changed the roll by herself! I was impressed.

Oh, and she slept through the night last night! And woke up smiling! She had the last dose of the antibiotics tonight, and Friday afternoon we have a follow-up appointment with the ENT. The surgery recovery went much better than I'd thought it might, and she's just doing great. Hooray!

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

I had a funny thought. At least she is just peeking in the boys room instead of "Smokin' in the Boys Room!" Remember that song? Anyway, I don't know where kids get all these thoughts/ideas but they do and most parents, as best I can tell, have no idea where they are from.

It's neat that you're instilling a work ethic in her life. I'm so glad that mom and dad did that for us.

Be strong little mama,
Lynnette