Wednesday, August 4, 2010

News from Prokopyevsk!

One of the prospective adoptive parents (PAPs if you're into adoption acronyms) on my adoption agency user group posted that they were travelling to the baby home in Proko in May.  I contacted her and asked if I could send some pictures along, so the director and caretakers could see updated pictures of Amanda and be assured she was doing well. Their trip was delayed, and I'd just lately been wondering if they'd been able to go on that first trip yet. I just received this e-mail tonight, and it really impacted me - I teared up! I'm so happy she sent me this e-mail!  =)

------------------------------------------------------

Kathy,


Well, we finally made it to Russia. We visited the orphanage yesterday and today. I handed over your envelope and photos.

It was so precious. Dr. Ludmilla remembered her right away and said that she has grown into a princess. She commented on how much you too look alike. The social worker was also there at the time and they smiled and smiled as they chatted in Russian about how wonderful your daughter is. We could tell they were so proud and so happy to see that everything is going so well.

When we came in today she said she shared the photos with the caretakers that were there at the time your daughter was and they also were so happy for your family. Then she got the photos out again and looked though them. I hadn't seen a single Russian smile until I shared your photos....thanks.

Besides being a great ice breaker for us it was so comforting to see how much these people really do care about what they are doing.

4 comments:

Maeflower said...

That is indeed very touching. You are so nice to do something like that. This whole adoption journey is so neat. Parents who go through all these hoops they make you jump and all the work and waiting, highs and lows--well it really makes those of us who just read about it stand in awe of all of you. It is a wonderful blessing God works through all of you. May He continue to bless you as you do His will, loving and caring for His special children.
Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What a great reminder how an act of kindness can bless so many people. Thank you for sharing!
Barb

Unknown said...

I love reading this. It made me tear up a little bit too. When you make your journey back, as I know you will, can I send you pictures of Drake to bring along? I know they don't see our post placements, so it is nice to let them see these children growing up happy, healthy, and loved.

Lynnette said...

God indeeds works through his people and the love you shared with these pictures may give you the opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Christ on your next trip. God bless you!