Did anyone (everyone) notice my mistake? Probably just one of many in my blogs (every time I say that Amanda is mischievous, I have to check my spelling - for some reason I can't get that word right).
Anyway, I was laying in bed just now, trying to get to sleep, and suddenly it hit me - ADO! "Without further ado" not ADIEU! I chuckled, but had to get to the computer and fix it. I knew there was something wrong with adieu, but just let it go at the time, I guess. Anyway, maybe you thought it was funny, too.
I just searched for "without further ado" and found a website (one of many, I'm sure) grousing about how irritating it is when people write "without further adieu" instead of "without further ado". Hmm, am I glad I'm not the only one who has mixed it up, or am I bummed to be part of that group? Well, if we all spoke in iambic pentameter (wow, never tried to spell that before - anyway, Shakespearean speak) I wouldn't have made the error!
(Confession - spell check didn't catch it but I relied on another internet search to tell me I had iambic spelled wrong - I left out the 'B'. So close!)
Why am I still up talking about this! I need to get to bed!
3 comments:
Hmmm - too deep for me!
Sure looks like Thanksgiving was a nice gathering at your home. I'm sorry to miss the family time and all the special Christmas giveaways. You and Patty are very special "Vanna" gals.
Have a blessed weekend. You are loved by the Lord and by me.
LK
Oh Lynnette, never fear. You may yet get your share of the Christmas giveaways! Plastic is light and should travel well in your suitcase... =)
Hmm... What is a Vanna gal, Lynnette? We'll try to save you some of those special giveaways. Sure wish you'd be with us to play the fun game but we'll be thinking of you and instead of Barb taking all the junk--whoops, excuse me--precious exchange gifts to goodwill, we'll save them for you. One year Lloyd forgot the elephant gifts and felt bad. I told him it was fine, and he said he felt bad cause he didn't get rid of some stuff. :-)
Babushka
Post a Comment