Friday, September 5, 2008

Hypothetical question

What would you do if your child asks if it would be ok if she tries some of the cat food? Immediate response is no, of course, but then you think, "What if I say no, and she decides to try it when I'm not looking?" Maybe you'd decide to say yes and let her learn that animal food is not good for people. Then (hypothetically), let's say that she puts some in her mouth, while you're making a yucky face, telling her it's gross, and trying not to gag, and then (hypothetically) let's say that she smiles and says, "Yummy!" Then what would you do?!?

Just wondering. Hypothetically.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Baked or Fried?

Unknown said...

Kathy,
Drake sits down next to the bowl and grabs handfuls of the cat food. Nice, huh? It must be Russian delicacy? :o)

I think I have stopped him from doing it anymore. However, how knows what he does when I am not looking.

Dawn

Maeflower said...

Well, let's see. When I had six children (plus several foster kids over the years) our cats (and dogs) would get leftovers but if the leftovers were still good food then our kids got them for the next meal. So guess you might say you yourself ate cat food and it didn't kill you. Dr. Gary Pickering has humans taste cat food. Quote: "Why use two-legged testers?
In a new Journal of Animal Physiology and Animal Nutrition paper, Dr. Pickering explains the potential value of having people rate cat foods." He goes on to say,
"Cat food tastings for humans might at first seem bizarre, but Dr. Pickering’s work is quite serious." Maybe if your child ate cat food (hypothetically) she could earn some money helping cat food producers determine which flavors are most tasty?? Could maybe build up the college fund!
Drake could maybe collaborate with her on the flavors. Hypothetically, of course.

Kathy said...

LOL - thanks for the comments! =)

Lynnette said...

Don says "cat food is probably cheaper than people food and probably fine." I'm thinking your hypothetical response was a good one.

Your post made me roar! Thanks for the smiles you two.

Love,
Lynnette