Sunday, April 13, 2008

Zoo visit! ...with video!!

Yea! We went to the zoo today! We took a nap after church and lunch and it was about 1:30, so I decided we'd DO SOMETHING! It turned out to be a fairly nice day (by Nebraska standards) - windy and cool, but the sun was shining. She enjoyed seeing the penguins and waving to the scuba guy, cleaning the tank, who came over to wave at her. The giraffes were inside and not moving around much, but still exciting to see in person. We got to see a sea lion mommy basking in the sun and barking at her baby to leave her alone (I told her that was like me trying to sleep on the couch yesterday) and the elephant, who like the giraffes was just standing there. Then on to the monkey house and the cat complex. Most of the pictures I ended up taking were with the metal statues - sort of the opposite of what you'd think of regarding a trip to the zoo, but these animals don't mind having kids up close and personal. We were there from 2-5pm. On the way home she recited what we saw, "Giraffe, penguin, monkey...elephant...lion!" Pretty exciting day for a little 4-yr-old! =)


Video in the bubble side of the penguin tank
"Sit down!" - video from Easter Sunday. Not as funny to watch as it was in person, but still pretty cute, especially if you can get past my pathetic laughing. I had mostly lost my voice that weekend and was laughing so much I was crying. My favorite line is when Aunt Barb says that her dog only understands Russian. =)

3 comments:

Maeflower said...

Sweet, funny and a real heart-warmer to watch and read. The pictures are wonderful. I love the one in her Easter dress. Great job of putting video on the blog and enjoy reading them. Grandpa enjoyed it, too.
Love,
Babushka

Chris and Carie said...

Wow, Kathy What happened to all the Russian. I can't believe all how far her speech has come. Great videos, really nice to see how well she is doing. Tell her Jacob says Hi.
Chris and Carie

Lynnette said...

Sis - just wanted to share that I showed these pictures and videos to the WAC gals and they were so impressed! Your little one is really coming along with her skills and I credit our gracious God and your many efforts. Reading each night is a wonderful thing and I do hope and pray this nightly routine continues will into her teens and beyond.

Love, LK